Today, every home has a number of electrical devices and appliances, and some of them are quite sensitive and expensive as well. This is why we install surge protectors for many of these appliances. However, depending on the number of devices or equipment you have, a centralised surge protector is a far more practical solution and it proves to be more affordable too; it extends protection to all the larger appliances on your property that don’t have an individual surge protector installed.
Electrical surges can be caused due to many different reasons such as:
- Lightning strikes that occur when there are thunderstorms.
- When natural calamities like storms knockout the electricity on your property, there can be a surge of power through the entire system once the power is restored.
- In some instances, these surges may occur if the power gets restored through your backup generator too.
In short, an electrical surge can occur at any time and this is why we at Quick Connect Electrical recommend to our customers that they install a centralised surge protector on their property. This is one of the best ways to protect all the appliances and equipment in your home.
Why is it important to prioritise surge protection?
If you notice the lights in any one area are flickering that is typically caused by electrical surges. These surges won’t really burn out the devices or appliances and devices; however, they do affect the lifespan of the latter and the only solution is to replace the equipment which can be a very expensive proposition.
The modern appliances we use in our home are technologically advanced, have sensitive components that function very closely with one another; and that means if one part gets affected, all the components within that circuit will also become impacted. This is the case with larger systems such as HVAC and hot water systems as well.
Even when these installations aren’t in used, a major electrical surge can cause significant damage to them and will take years off of their functional lives. Without realising it, this can result in literally thousands of dollars of losses during the time you live in that house. In some instances, a severe power surge can end up causing irreversible damage to the hot water or HVAC systems
Customised surge protector installation solutions
As you can see, the best way to protect the electrical devices and appliances in your home is to get a centralised surge protector installed on your property. These are specialised installations that are connected to the main circuits in your home and we can handle this job in an expert manner. Aside from safety surge protector solutions we also handle all types of other residential and commercial electrical jobs and provide 24 Hour Electricians in Sydney services.
To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. Regardless of what your requirement is, we can provide you the best services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894
Many homeowners use electric-powered tools and equipment for DIY yard work like mowing, running, trimming or pressure-washing etc. This also makes it necessary to have a sufficient number of electrical outlets in the indoor areas of your property; it will help you complete these jobs in a stress-free way. And while it’s important to have electrical outlets, it’s also very important to have GFCIs installed there.
A GFCI outlet provides a protective layer for your equipment and appliances and protects them from electrical surges. Here are some tips from us at Quick Connect Electrical for installing electrical outlets and GFCI’s in yard and garden spaces.
- Most homes come with a fixed number of electrical outlets and sometimes their positioning may not work well when you are using any electrical tools like mowers etc. The equipment cables are of a certain length and may not reach all the areas in your landscape. Before you get these GFCI installations, take detailed measurements of all the areas that you will need to use your electric-powered tools; this will help you identify where the GFCIs should be installed.
- GFCIs can detect if there are any electrical surge problems in the particular circuit and will shut off the circuit immediately. This is a very important feature in outdoor areas as water and moisture may be present here and this increases the risk of electrical problems.
- It’s also important to get outdoor switch covers fixed on the GFCIs and these provide an additional layer of protection to your electrical outlets. When you are plugging in any appliance or device into these outlets, you would have to first manually pull up these covers.
- When you are installing additional outlets or GFCIs, you should make it a point to double-check whether the existing wiring is able to bear the load of the extended outlets and the equipment that is to be used there. If GFCIs or outlets are installed on circuits that already have a heavy load that can stress the system and result in trips or a fire hazard on your property.
It’s important to keep in view that GFCI installation isn’t something you should try to handle yourself as it isn’t a job for a novice. If you are planning on getting some outdoor electrical outlets and GFCIs installed, call us for these services. We will send out a skilled and experienced electrician over to your location; he will assess the existing electrical installations and provide solutions that work best for you.
We provide excellent, customised GFCI installation and replacement services to our customers at very cost-effective pricing. For any more information on circuit breakers, how they work and where you need to install them, call us today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
If all the appliances and lights along a single circuit go dark simultaneously, it’s likely that the circuit has tripped/burned out. Circuit breakers automatically shut off the power to the circuit wiring if something goes wrong. With circuit breakers, all you have to do is locate the one that has tripped on the main panel and reset it to the “on” position. However, it is vital to understand why the circuit breaker has tripped, to avoid it from happening again.
In very rare cases, the breaker itself may have become damaged and will need replacing. However, in most instances, the fitting is just doing its job when it trips. A circuit breaker is designed to trip and turn off the power in case any of the following situations occur:
- Overloaded Circuit- An overloaded circuit is one of the commonest reasons for a circuit breaker trip. This happens when that circuit draws a higher electrical load than it is designed to carry. When you operate too many light fixtures or appliances at the same time, the wiring in the circuit heats up; the circuit breaker senses this and the mechanism trips, breaking the flow of electricity and shutting off the electricity.
- Short Circuit– This is a far more serious than an overloaded circuit and can cause breaker tripping. When a hot wire touches a neutral wire it can cause a short circuit. However, there are times when the circuit wiring isn’t the culprit at all; it may be caused by a wiring problem in a device/appliance that has been plugged in a socket in that circuit; this is what makes it pretty challenging to diagnose and fix a short circuit problem.
- Ground Fault– This is also a type of short circuit; It occurs when any hot wiring touches timber framing members or comes in contact with metal wall boxes. A ground fault can be pretty dangerous when it occurs in areas with that have high moisture levels like bathrooms and kitchens.
Customised electrical services
If you find that a certain circuit breaker is tripping all too often, it’s important that you call a company like ours for emergency electrical services . We at Quick Connect Electrical are one of the leading companies in the field and provide excellent electrical installation, maintenance and repair solutions. We will come and inspect the circuit breaker and the appliances and fittings along the circuit to identify what is causing the problem, and will fix it expertly and efficiently.
We provide excellent, customised services to our customers at very cost-effective pricing. For any more information on circuit breakers, how they work and where you need to install them, call us today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
Most people have heard of surge protectors and have used them to shield appliances, electronic devices and computers from electrical power surges or the transient voltage that flows through the main power supply. The standard voltage in Australia for home and commercial buildings is 240 volts; if the voltage rises above this range, it’s considered to be transient and can damage electrical appliances and electronic devices which are connected to any outlet.
While these power surges are brief & calculated in nanoseconds, they can easily cause a considerable amount of damage to appliances and equipment that might be connected to the power mains. We at Quick Connect Electrical have responded to many emergency electrical services requests and handled jobs where electrical surges have caused a lot of damage to electrical equipment in homes as well as in commercial establishments.
Surge protection- how it works
A surge protector channels the extra voltage into the grounding wire attached to the outlet, preventing it from flowing into the appliance or electronic equipment, while at the same time letting the normal voltage continue along its standard path. An electrical surge can particularly damage sensitive computer equipment as it “fries” the system’s internal components like the hard drive or the motherboard. Most people misunderstand the function of a surge protector and feel that the device will protect their expensive equipment from lightning (which is one of the most familiar sources of a power surge).
But the fact is that even a top quality surge protector cannot protect your equipment from a sudden increase in the electrical pressure of literally millions of volts that a lightning strike emits. The best way to prevent any damage to your electrical appliances and devices during a powerful electrical storm is to simply unplug the devices that can become severely damaged. Surge protectors commonly protect your equipment and appliances from the lower-voltage surges that occur very frequently in any modern electrical wiring system.
For instance, appliances such as air conditioners and refrigerators need significant amounts of electricity to switch the compressors and motors on and off, creating larger surges in power which disrupt the regular voltage flow. In addition things like downed power lines, faulty equipment and faulty wiring at the main power source with the electricity provider can result in power surges too.
Which devices you should connect
However, this does not mean that you have to connect all the devices and appliances to surge protectors. It’s important that you connect media centres, entertainment devices like TVs and large home theatre systems, PCs etc. If there is any other sensitive equipment in your house, make it a point to connect that to a surge protector as well.
We at Quick Connect Electrical are one of the leading companies in this space and know what it takes to provide excellent, customised services to our customers at very cost-effective pricing. For any more information on surge protectors, how they work and where you need to install them, call us today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
Most property owners look for different ways to improve the energy-efficiency of their homes and commercial establishments. And one way to do that is to get sensor light installation done. Sensor lights are now being widely used in the outdoor and indoor spaces on residential and commercial properties,
Senor light installation– the benefits
- Increased Security – This is one of the main benefits of sensor lighting. Properties with dark and shadowy landscaped spaces become an open invitation to miscreants, burglars and other unsavoury elements. This is why it becomes important to ensure that all the exterior areas of your home are well-lit after dark. These lights when placed at strategic locations and will light up when they sense any motion within their range; this acts as a deterrent to thieves and burglars. In most instances, motion sensor light installation is done in conjunction with CCTV installations.
- Energy Savers- While light installations are necessary, they can also drastically increase your electricity bills and the one way to combat that is to get sensor lighting installed. Motion sensor light fittings will help you save energy and help reduce the burden on our environment. The lights will get switched on when you are in the areas that need illumination and they get switched off once you move out of range.
Motion sensor lighting is also a great option if you want to eliminate wastage of electricity; even if your family members are forgetful and they leave the lights on, the sensors will pick up that no one is in that space and will turn off the lights. This makes sensor an excellent solution for commercial spaces like offices as well.
- The safety aspect– It can be very risky to move around in darks spaces fumbling for the light switches; you may end up knocking things over or even injuring yourself. If you have seniors or kids in your home, sensor lighting is a great way to enhance the safety of the space as they lights will switch on as soon as they sense any movement within their range.
- Lighting difficult-to-reach spaces- Some spaces are very difficult to light because there may not be sufficient space to install light switches. In some cases, areas like basements and crawl spaces are too dark for you to locate the light switches easily. In this instance, sensor light installations can prove to be a boon; as the space will be illuminated immediately when someone steps into the area. .
Our licensed and insured electricians will install the best and most efficient sensor lighting systems. We will help you choose the right flood lights for outdoor spaces and decorative motion sensor lights for indoor applications. We carefully survey and measure the property before developing a sensor lighting plan that will suit your needs. The best materials and products will be used in the work and we provide guarantees for our craftsmanship.
For more information on our senor light installation services, call Quick Connect Electrical today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney call us on 1300 725 894.
Modern day living depends very heavily on electricity because we use a large number of electrical appliances, devices and gadgets in our homes and commercial properties. This also means, any problem with the electrical installations like power points etc. can cause a significant amount of inconvenience; and in some cases a downtime on commercial properties can also result in business losses.
Why you need power points
Just having power points isn’t enough; you need to have the right number of them and they should be positioned at the right places. If these points aren’t placed where you need to install appliances, gadgets and devices, you will end up using extension cords and power cords. This is never a good idea because:
- These cords may not be able to support the load required by the appliances and devices, which can pose a fire risk.
- In addition, the wires can easily become a tripping hazard
- Hanging wires mar the appearance of your property as well.
This is why we at Quick Connect Electrical always recommend that you have the right number of power points on your property at the right locations. We can help you plan this placement and can handle power point installations:
- Living rooms, bedrooms
- Kitchens and dining rooms
- Hallways and entranceways
- Bathrooms and laundry rooms
- Balconies, terraces, patios, decks, poolscapes
- Landscapes – pathways, driveway, walkways
- Outdoor kitchens
In commercial spaces:
- Entranceways and hallways
- Common office spaces
- Cabins and conference rooms
- Rest rooms and common lounge areas
- Retail shop floors
- Restaurants and hotels
- Patisseries and bake shops
- Landscapes – pathways, driveway, walkways
Our power point installation services
- Installation- We can handle new installation or add to the existing ones.
- Single to double power points – This is one of the simplest and most effective methods of adding more power points to any space. Single power points can be converted into double installations and eliminates the use of power and extension cords.
- Power point upgrades- If you own an older property, it’s a good idea to upgrade worn-out or dysfunctional power points as that helps ensure your electrical installations are in line with the current building codes.
- Installation of power points with USB sockets – Today, many devices run on cords that have USB connections and you may not always have quick access to a wall adapter to use these devices. We can install USB socket power points at strategic locations in the walls.
Call the experts
We are the experts that can handle all types of power point installations on commercial and residential properties. With over 10 years of experience in this space we are one of the leading companies that provide guaranteed electrical solutions.
For more information on our outdoor and indoor power point installation solutions and other services, call Quick Connect Electrical today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
Older properties generally have older electrical installations and fixtures; and most also tend to have fewer powerpoints than necessary. The outdoor living trend is on the rise and this means homeowners are finding the need for more powerpoints in alfresco spaces such as patios, decks, outdoor kitchens, poolscapes and other landscaped areas. Outdoor powerpoint installation is very different from indoor electrical installations. We at Quick Connect Electrical have the skill, knowledge and the experience to handle all types of power point installation services for residential and commercial customers.
When do you need outdoor power point installation?
As mentioned at the outset, powerpoint installations may be needed for a variety reasons including:
- If you own an older property or have recently moved into a home or commercial space that has an insufficient number of outdoor powerpoints compared to your needs.
- If you reside in a newly-built home that doesn’t have sufficient powerpoints in the garden, yard and other aldresco areas.
- The power points in these areas aren’t placed at locations you need them.
- You are getting an outdoor feature like an outdoor kitchen built and need some additional power points to support the appliances and equipment that will come there.
- Its never a good idea to use electrical extension cords or power cords to power your appliances and gadgets in the outdoor spaces. This poses an electrical hazard and makes the property look very messy as well.
- If you are getting any additions and extensions built in your yard.
- You are upgrading your existing decking, patio, pool space.
- You want to light up the water features in the outdoor areas.
- Want to add some lighting to the boundary walls, retaining walls or fireplace and fire pit areas.
- If the existing powerpoints in the outdoor spaces seem worn out or are loose.
- If there is arcing – buzzing, hissing sounds
The importance of hiring a professional for outdoor power point installation
Today, the internet is choc-a-bloc with information on how DIY electrical tasks can be handled. There are tutorials, videos and articles on this subject. This leads people to believe that they would be able to handle this outdoor powerpoint installation job themselves. But this is never a good idea. Electrical jobs are always best left to licensed and experienced professionals.
Why hire us?
- We are a leading company that has been operating in this space for over 10 years
- Fully-licensed and insured
- Cater to residential and commercial customers
- Provide guarantees for our work
- Use the best materials and workmanship
- Provide cost-effective solutions
- 24/7 emergency services
- $0 call out fee
For more information on our outdoor powerpoint installation solutions and other services, call Quick Connect Electrical today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us on 1300 725 894.
The yard and landscaped areas on your property can grow every dark after sunset. Without well-planned and adequate illumination, you will find it difficult to navigate through these spaces safely after dark. This also reduces the utility of the open areas on your property. You may miss a step, trip over obstacles such as edging and curbing, or walk into a hedge which can cause serious accidents and injuries. We at Quick Connect Electrical can provide excellent outdoor lighting solutions for commercial and residential properties.
Some aspects of outdoor lighting
Outdoor lighting is very different from indoor lighting; the former is specially designed to endure outdoor conditions as well as provide the kind of illumination needed in these spaces. Here are some aspects that have to be kept in view while installing outdoor light fittings:
- All outdoor lighting fittings and installations should be weather-resistant. The features need to withstand temperature fluctuations, intense sunlight, and humidity etc. without becoming damaged.
- These systems need to have proper wiring installations. Substandard quality wires can easily become damaged in these spaces. Exposed wiring can result in a hazardous situation as it poses a risk or electrocution or fire.
- Outdoor light placement has to be done in a well-planned manner. They have to be installed strategically to mark and spotlight different features in the yard or landscaping.
Areas where outdoor lighting can be installed
Outdoor lighting design needs to be planned well and it’s much more than just placing a few spot lights and exterior lights in the landscape. The only way to ensure there is sufficient illumination and that all the features and plants in the outdoor spaces are showcased well is to get experts like us to design and install all outdoor lighting features. Based on the layout of the property and the features that exist or are to be built there, we can install outdoor lighting for:
- Driveways, walkways and paths
- Garden steps and stairs
- Lawns and landscaped areas
- Water features such as fountains, ponds, pools and waterfalls
- Outdoor kitchens
- Patios and decks
- Fireplace and fire pit areas
- Boundary walls, retaining walls
- Paver lights
- Lamp posts for entranceways and porches
- In the case of commercial properties – company names and signage
- Large and beautifully-structured trees and bushes
Custom outdoor lighting solutions
Not only does well-planned and designed outdoor lighting add to the aesthetics of the space, but also enhances the safety and security aspect of your property. It increases the curb appeal and overall value of your property. When you hire us for this job, we ensure that the best products and materials are used in the work and that the workmanship is top-of-the-line.
We provide completion certificates and guarantees for all the work we handle for you. If you are looking to enhance the beauty and safety of the outdoor spaces of your property, you need look no further than our company for customised outdoor lighting solutions.
For more information on our outdoor light fitting solutions and other services, call Quick Connect Electrical today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us on 1300 725 894.
Today, when builders, developers, architects designers and even individual property owners are planning their home or commercial building projects, they look for ways and means to improve the energy-efficiency of their property. To this end, they create open floor plans, use energy-efficient and insulating building materials and make use of large glass windows and doors. The latter bring in more natural light which reduces the dependency on artificial light and adds to the structure’s energy-efficiency.
However, every home and commercial space will need a certain number of light fittings in the indoor and outdoor spaces. Using lights for extensive hours increases the electricity bills significantly. The one way to reduce the amount you spend on your monthly utility bills is to opt for LED lighting. We at Quick Connect Electrical have noticed a shift in the requirements of customers.
LED lighting- the benefits
Many clients that want new electrical installations specifically ask for energy-efficient fittings and when people are looking to upgrade electrical installations, they too prefer to switch to more energy-efficient options. LED lighting is the modern day option to traditional halogen and CFL fittings and there are a number of benefits to using these installations such as:
- LED bulbs and fittings are compact and small; so they can easily fit into odd-shaped and tight spaces.
- They lend sufficient illumination despite their small size
- These bulbs use 85% of energy supplied to turn it into light; only 15% generates heat which makes the bulbs cooler to the touch. Since they emit less heat, they also reduce the stress on the HVAC systems on the property and help reduce energy bills.
- LED bulbs are available in omnidirectional as well as one direction models; this makes them ideal for applications such as ambient and mood lighting as well as task lighting. These fittings can be used in combination to create the kind of look and ambience you want on your property.
- LEDs start immediately once you switch them on, unlike CFL bulbs in which there is a delay in reaching full brightness.
- They provide up to 50,000 hours of illumination which means they last 25 times longer than incandescent & halogen fittings and 3 times longer than standard CFLs.
- LED bulbs are available in a variety of different colours, and you can use the ones you like to create the perfect lighting effect.
How Quick connect can help with LED lighting
We have been a part of this industry for over 10 years and understand how LED lighting works. Our expert electricians can handle LED installations in the indoor and outdoor spaces of commercial and residential properties. As a fully-licensed and insured company, every job we undertake is completed to code and in line with Australian Standards. We use the best materials in our work, provide completion certificates and iron-clad guarantees for our workmanship.
For more information on our LED lighting solutions and other services, call Quick Connect Electrical today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us on 1300 725 894.
Many people install halogen downlights on their property and these lend a very unique and attractive look to the property. Downlighting is one of the techniques used in layered lighting and it’s a great way to highlight the beauty of textured walls, beautiful flooring and well-crafted furniture. It works well with other ambient lighting fixtures as well as spot lights and ceiling lights to illuminate indoor spaces and create the right ambience in your home or commercial property.
Downlights are also installed in alfresco areas, retaining walls and boundary walls as well as exterior walls of structures to add to the aesthetics of the space. But halogen lights emit heat along with the light and when you use them extensively, that also escalates your electricity bills significantly.
This is why we at Quick Connect Electrical recommend the use of LED downlights in the indoor and outdoor spaces of residential and commercial properties. We are a fully-licensed and insured company that has been operating in this space for over 10 years now and know what it takes to provide customers prompt, professional and high quality services. But in addition to providing high-grade solutions, we also focus on providing you value for money and solutions that will add to the energy-efficiency of your home and help reduce your utility bills. This is where LED downlight installations come into the picture.
The benefits of LED downlighting
- LED lights are 80% more energy-efficient than standard bulbs and with regular use, you will find there is a significant drop in your electricity bills
- These bulbs can provide up to 50,000 hours of illumination and can easily last for 10-15 years depending on the number of hours they are used per day.
- Today, the best LED downlight fittings manufacturers launch products that are sleek and elegant and available in a range of colours. This gives you the design flexibility to create the kind of look you want on your property
- Since they have such a long operational life, maintenance is easy
- LED bulbs are highly eco-friendly as they do not contain any toxic materials
- These bulbs are 100% recyclable, making them some of the most environment-friendly lighting options.
While the upfront cost of LED bulbs and fixtures is higher than traditional halogen and CFL bulbs, the former provide you value in the long term, which makes them extremely cost-effective.
Cost-effective LED donwlight installations
Regardless of how you look at it, LED downlight installations are a smart money saving choice. However, you need to hire experts for the job. We can provide you all the information you need about these downlights and handle the installation expertly and professionally.
For more information on our regular and emergency services, call Quick Connect Electrical today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us on 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service