Smoke detectors are a vital piece of equipment in any home and in NSW it is now required by law to have at least one smoke detector on each storey in your home. The fact is that electrical fires are quite a common occurrence and they cause a significant amount of destruction as well. In many instances, electrical fires result in this kind of extensive damage because the break out hasn’t been detected in time. This is why it is important to get smoke detectors installed on your property. If you already have these devices fitted, you should make sure they are maintained well and are in a working condition at all times.
Unfortunately even people that get smoke detectors installed on their properties eventually tend to forget these exist and just take them for granted. Poorly-maintained or incorrectly installed smoke detectors will not perform in the manner they should and can malfunction, rendering them useless in case there is an outbreak of fire on your property. We at Quick Connect Electrical offer excellent smoke detector maintenance solutions to both commercial and residential customers.
Some detector maintenance matters
There are some basic smoke detector alarm maintenance checks that you can perform yourself such as:
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions on smoke detector testing and carry out these checks each month.
- If you find that the device functioning properly, contact us to ascertain whether a small fix will get it working again or it needs replacement.
- Remove accumulated dust from smoke detectors in your home, using a vacuum hose.
- If you have battery-operated smoke detectors, check whether the batteries have power in them. Most smoke detectors emit a chirp when they are low on power. Keep a few extra sets of batteries handy around the house and change the ones that need to be replaced.
- Make sure that you replace smoke detectors well before their expiry date.
Expert electrical services
It’s a good idea to hardwire these devices into your electrical system as this ensures they will have constant power and will function as they should, in case they detect smoke or a fire. We provide excellent smoke detector installation, repair and replacement solutions. You will find that our services are very cost-effective and we carry out the work neatly, professionally and with the least amount of disturbance on your property. We also provide guarantees for our work and this means we focus on doing the work right, the first time around. Our experts are also available 24/7 in case any electrical emergency arises.
To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. Regardless of what your requirement is, we can provide you the best services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894; you are assured of prompt and expert services at all times.
and Get $50 Off any service