You require different levels of light at different times, and in different settings. When you’re working on an intricate project or repairing something, you need bright light that provide best visibility. On the other hand, when you’re reading or just want to relax, you need softer and gentler light. While you can install different types of lights for different situations, you don’t really need to. At Quick Connect, we recommend that you call us for a dimmer installation.
What is a Dimmer?
Dimmer is a switch that can control the intensity of the light by controlling the amount of voltage the bulb receives. Lower voltage will lead to softer and weaker light while higher voltage will lead to brighter and stronger light. Dimmer switches work well with traditional incandescent bulbs because these fixtures have a large dimming range. Dimmers can work with other bulbs like CFLs, halogen, and LEDs but you need to double check whether the bulbs are dimmable. These bulbs usually have a smaller dimming range and are slightly more expensive in comparison to incandescent lights.
Where Should You Install the Dimmer?
Dimmers are only suitable for certain rooms and spaces. If you need focused and task lighting in a particular area, you shouldn’t install a dimmer there. Here’s a list of rooms you can install the dimmer in:
- Dining Rooms – Dining rooms need a softer, more welcoming environment so a dimmer will fit right in. You can dim the lights when you want to have a romantic dinner with your partner or enjoy a relaxing time with your family.
- Bathrooms and Bedrooms – Have you ever stumbled into your bedroom or bathroom in the middle of the night, turned the light on, and flinched at the brightness? Most people experience this discomfort on a regular basis. You can minimise it by installing a dimmer switch. This will allow your eyes to adjust in software and gentler light. You can easily increase the intensity after a while.
- Children’s Rooms – Dimmers are useful in children’s rooms as they can create a relaxing environment. You can dim the lights as soon as bedtime approaches and set the right mood for them to sleep.
How Can We Help You?
We’ve 10 years of experience in this field and have handled a significant number of dimmer installation jobs in our lifetime. We understand how these fixtures work and know the dimmer installation process like the back of our hand.
- Our technicians will study your current lighting fixtures to determine if they’re compatible with dimmers.
- They will help you choose the best products from the market and ensure your installation stays in budget.
- We can install different types of dimmer switches like 3-way or 4-way dimmers. We will make sure these switches work well and are compatible with your system.
If you want to know more about our dimmer installation or have questions regarding our services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Quick Connect. You can call us on 1300 725 894 or enter your details and questions in this contact us form.