Power outages aren’t a common occurrence in most cities or towns in Australia and the power supply is quite steady; and even when there happens to be a power outage in your area, it won’t last for very long time. But there are times when natural disasters and storms can affect the power supply and result in a longer power outage that may last for up to a week or more.
When there is a power outage in your area, you will not be able to use any electrical appliances or equipment or even systems such as the water heaters etc. As a matter of fact, it can also become difficult to charge devices such as laptops and mobile phones once their batteries drain out. Very simply, a power outage affects your day-to-day activities in a big way. If the power outage is restricted to your property, you would have to call in a licensed electrician like us at Quick Connect Electrical to identify what is wrong with the system.
Steps to take
We have been operating in this space for a number of years and know what it takes to provide prompt and reliable services. We understand that electrical emergencies can arise at any time and it’s why we offer 24/7 emergency services to residential and commercial customers across Sydney. Here are the steps to take in case of a power outage on your property:
- It’s important that you don’t panic and check with any of your neighbours about whether they are facing a similar electrical problem.
- If you identify that only your property has been affected, you should check whether any circuit breakers have tripped.
- If that isn’t the problem, check if there is any damage to the main electrical wiring leading to your property.
- In case you do notice some damage to these wires, it’s important that you immediately contact your electricity service provider.
- In case other properties in your local area have been impacted, there are certain precautions you’d have to take.
- Turn off all the switches and unplug all electrical appliances and devices from their sockets.
- If you do have a generator ensure you don’t plug it straight into your home’s electrical system- but if you have the appropriate switchover facilities you can do this.
It’s never a good idea to take a power outage lightly. Call in a skilled electrician like us to get the installations inspected and checked. We would be able to give you a clearer picture about what the problem is and how it can be fixed.
To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. Regardless of what your requirement is, we can provide you the best services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894; you are assured of prompt and expert services at all times.