The need of the hour is for energy-efficient solutions that will reduce the burden on the environment and help reduce your utility bills as well. This is where LED lighting comes in. LED is an acronym for Light Emitting Diode. These are the latest in lighting technology. These bulbs and fixtures are now the preferred option not just in residential settings but in commercial spaces as well.
LED lighting- the benefits
We at Quick Connect Electrical recommend the use of LED lights. There are a number of benefits to opting for LED lighting such as:
- LED fittings use around 85% less electricity than standard bulbs. For example, a 9W LED bulb can provide as much illumination as a 50W halogen bulb which ends up saving you a significant amount of money on your energy bills.
- Light Emitting Diodes have a considerably longer lifespan than all other types of lighting solutions. On average, they can provide between 30,000-50,000 hours of illumination. In comparison, CFL bulbs can last for 8,000-15,000 hours, halogen bulbs have a lifespan of 1,000-5,000 hours while incandescent bulbs last only for 1,000 hours.
- The operational life of these bulbs doesn’t become impacted even if you switch them on an off frequently.
- LEDs don’t burn out or blow out like standard bulbs. Instead, over a period of time they only become dimmer and emit lower output levels.
- They are an eco-friendly lighting solutions as they don’t have any lead or any other toxic materials. They are also 100% recyclable which makes them even more environmentally-friendly.
- They don’t emit any infrared radiation or UV rays which make them an ideal solution for areas in which there are materials sensitive to UV and heat.
- They emit a cool light and that helps maintain a more comfortable temperature in home. In fact, they can also be placed in close proximity of plants and ponds that have fish and because of this aspect. They are a safer option for homes with kids and pets as the bulbs are cooler to the touch.
- LEDs are very efficient in delivering light to the desired location and you can also control their brightness by adding dimmers at their switch points.
- They are available in a range of colours and hues and you can create the kind of ambience and mood lighting you want in your home, using these bulbs.
- They are very compact and have a durable design. LED bulbs are built using very solid components that make them resilient and they don’t get quickly impacted by vibrations, inclement weather conditions and external impacts.
- LED bulbs also reach full brightness as soon as you switch them on unlike conventional bulbs that take quite a few seconds to achieve full brightness.
We at Quick Connect Electrical can provide excellent LED lighting solutions and 24/7 emergency services at very cost-effective pricing. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page.
See what our customers are saying about our company & services. Regardless of what your requirement is, we can provide you the best services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service