Dimmer switches are an affordable & easy method to make an impact on your home’s illumination as well as your energy usage. An often overlooked interior design aspect, dimmers can easily alter the mood of a room at the touch of a button. Installing dimmer switches or changing older ones out is a simple job, but one that is best handled by experts like the ones at Quick Connect Electrical.
Dimmer switches installation- what’s involved?
There are a number of good reasons to install these fixtures around your house. When your lights aren’t functioning at their full capacity, they save bulb life and use much less energy. Dimming lights can also make a room much more comfortable and you can create the mood lighting you want for an event, family gathering, party or even a romantic evening.
Where can dimmers be installed?
When homeowners think of installing dimmer switches, they often consider entry hallways and dining rooms to be only locations suitable for them. However, these fixtures can be useful in various other rooms and spaces around your home such as:
- Living room or den
- Porch lights
- Outdoor living areas like the patio, deck, swimming pool areas
Today, there are a number of different models of dimmer switches to choose from. For the best energy-efficiency, select models that are rated for use with LED and CFL bulbs. Be sure to choose dimmable CFLs whenever using these types of bulbs with a dimmer switch, or it could turn into a fire hazard. Before buying these switches, know exactly what wattage you’ll need. You also need to determine whether you have a three-way/single pole switch and the control style you want.
- The most common types of dimmers are the circular turning knob and rotary style fixtures.
- Toggle style features look just regular switches but have smaller pieces on the sides that move up & down to control the level of lighting.
- Rocker controls work just like toggles, but the smaller control piece is located beside the larger light switch.
- A slide style has a horizontal switch that has an up and down movement for light control.
- Tap switches are generally intended for use with Light Emitting Diodes.
- A scene selector control has multiple buttons that allow you choose the lighting levels you desire.
You may want to consider matching the control styling with the other light switches in your house, for consistency. We at Quick Connect Electrical can provide excellent dimmer switch installation solutions and 24/7 emergency services at very cost-effective pricing.
To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. We can provide you the best services at cost-effective pricing. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service