If you own a property or purchase one that is over two decades old, it’s crucial that you get the wiring and all other electrical installation checked by a licensed and insured electrician like the ones at Quick Connect Electrical. We are one of the most reputed companies in the field and can handle all types of electrical jobs on commercial and residential properties. It is recommended that you get the older wiring replaced without delay. There are a number of reasons for this:
- Even the best of wiring will deteriorate over time and the insulation can get old and start to crumble.
- Exposed wires are an electrocution and fire hazard and must be replaced with new ones without delay.
- Current day appliances consume a lot of power; older wiring just wasn’t built to bear these types of loads. This also means you would have to deal with blown fuses or tripping circuits on a regular basis. This is an indication that the wiring has to be changed.
- Older wiring installations are also connected to old style fuse boxes and these fuses have a tendency to blow very often; and fixing them can be quite a hassle. These devices also don’t provide the protection that modern day circuit breakers provide and when you get the wiring changed, you’d have to get the fuse board replaced with a main circuit board.
Signs that you need to get rewiring done
Many people wonder how they can identify whether they should get rewiring done. There are some common signs to look out for:
- If you find that the lights flicker or dim every time you switch on a heavy duty home appliance like an air conditioner or an oven etc., this could be in indication that the wiring is old and is unable to handle the load.
- If you find yourself regularly resetting the circuit breakers, it means the system isn’t able to provide the amount of power the appliances in that circuit require.
Rewiring becomes the best solution in situations such as these. If you notice any of these signs, they could be an indication that the wiring in your home needs replacement. If you are planning on buying a new home, you can hire our pre-purchase electrical inspection services. We are the experts that can provide you excellent solutions at very cost-effective pricing. We use only the best materials and workmanship in the work and provide guarantees for any job we handle for you. You only have to tell us what your requirements are and we will provide customised solutions that are right in line with your needs.
Quick Connect Electrical has been in this business for a number of years and knows what it takes to provide customers with excellent electrical services. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.