Hot water is considered to be a necessity rather than a luxury and we are just used to having quick access to hot water at the turn of a faucet or shower in our house. While hot water systems from the best brands are made to last for over a decade, they do see constant use and wear and tear; and there are a times when they may deteriorate or their mechanism may dysfunction. If that happens, you would want to hire the services of an experienced and reputed company like Quick Connect Electrical for the hot water repairs.
Some signs to look out for
When it comes to hot water system issues, we are able to tackle it all. Here is a list of signs which indicate that something may be wrong with your hot water system:
- No hot water- This is a very common compliant we come across and the heating element in an electric heater can malfunction and cause problems. In the case of gas heaters, if you notice that the pilot switch is glowing but there isn’t any hot water, we will replace the faulty/ dysfunctional element; this ensures the system starts working as before.
- Excessively hot water/ not sufficiently hot water- If this is what you are dealing with, the problem is most likely to be the system’s thermostat. If it doesn’t work the way it should, that can result in a drastic temperature change. You may find that on one day the water is excessively hot, while on another day it’s of a comfortable temperature. A thermostat replacement solves the problem and you will find that you get the kind of ideal temperature water you require.
- Hot water with a pungent odour- This is an indication of water contamination and is something you should get checked without delay. Fungal and bacterial infections cause this odour in the water. We can fix the problem for you expertly and will ensure that the system maintenance is done well.
- Black/rust-coloured water– This colour comes from dissolved anodes in your water heater. When the anode is exposed to hot water over the years, it disintegrates and results in the rust colour in the water. Our technicians will replace the anode which will fix the problem.
- Water Leakages – This is another common water heater problem and the best way to deal with it is to ensure that all the pipes and tubes are sealed well; this helps keep corrosion away.
As mentioned earlier, good hot water systems are made to last; but if any problems arise, it’s important to hire expert professionals to fix it as soon as possible. We provide 24 Hour Electricians in Sydney services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services
and Get $50 Off any service