Electrical fires can be devastating and are something you should make every effort to avoid. If there is a fire breakout in any electrical installation in your home, that can easily rip through the rest of your property very quickly, damaging your property and endangering the lives of people that live or work in your home or commercial premises.  However, the good news is that it’s possible to significantly reduce the chances of this happening, by being aware about a few things and taking certain preventive steps. Here is some information that the experts at Quick Connect Electrical  have put together.

Signs you should look out for

Electrical issues are rarely a sudden occurrence and there are almost always some warning signs that something is wrong. In most instances, electrocution or fire occurs because these warning signs were ignored. Here are some that you should be looking out for:

  • Wiring- If you live on an older property, it’s possible that the wiring has worn out at certain spots. If the wire frays or if its insulation deteriorates, that can cause arcing and sparking. If this issue isn’t addressed in time, that can result in a fire.
  • Circuit breaker trips frequently- When a circuit breaker trips, it’s very natural for us to head for the main box, check which one has tripped and reset it. This is okay if it happens once in a while, but if it’s something that occurs too often, you should get the wiring and any electrical installations that work on that electrical circuit checked by a Residential Electrician in Sydney .

There are times when there are too many heavy duty appliances operating on a single circuit. This can be a problem with wiring in older homes as well. The older wiring installations weren’t built to take the load of the modern day appliances that pull a lot of power. The electrician will check the load capacity of the circuit and check all the installations; and will provide suitable solutions.

  • Sparking from an electrical outlet- If you notice sparks emanating from an electrical outlet or hear a constant buzzing sound or detect burning odour, it’s important that you call your electrician to check what is causing the problem. In most instances, this issue is caused by loose connections in the power points. The electrician will check the point as well as the wiring connected to it and let you know what needs to be replaced.
  • Electrical shock- This is another indication of a problem in the electrical system. If you experience shock when you touch any electrical appliance, that is an indication that the electricity is travelling to some point it shouldn’t. This could be caused either by a wiring malfunction or a grounding fault.

If you notice any of these signs, call Quick Connect Electrical  without delay. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.

Book Online

and Get $50 Off any service

Become a member Become a member Become a member

Don't take our word for it.
See what our clients have said about us


Very happy with the great service and professionality! Mohammed was very patient and meticulous, going (quite literally) above (our deck's roof) and beyond to find and fix problems with some existing bad wiring. Explained all the problems in a very clear and informative way. Would highly recommend this service to friends and family!

TrueLocal Reviews
5 stars

"I would highly recommend Karl and his team for any work his professionalism and dedication to his work is remarkable.

We are currently building a 225sqm complex extension in Strathfield and he has continuously offered great advice on how to proceed with all things electrical from led lights and power points to HDI cables for the TV. He has always been on time and has gone above and beyond expectation. He and his team even worked 10hrs on a day that was 45 degrees. Once again I would highly recommend Karl"

TrueLocal Reviews
5 stars