Even as the weather starts warming up, many homeowners start readying the outdoor spaces on their property, to use them as leisure and entertainment spots. However, even as you do this, it’s also important to keep in view that there are bound to be a number of things you have to focus on, in terms of outdoor electrical safety. Here are some pointers from the experts at Quick Connect Electrical :
- Outdoor electrical equipment– It’s crucial that you hire the services of a skilled and licensed Residential Electrician in Sydney to audit your property’s outdoor electrical equipment. This is especially important before the onset of every season. It ensures your home would be able to withstand any hazards that may surface when there are changes in the weather and temperature fluctuations. Your local electrician would be able to tackle this job in an expert manner. They will inspect all the outdoor electrical equipment, the wiring and fixtures etc.
- Repair all damaged/loose cords or electrical wiring – Damaged or loose electrical wiring is a major electrical hazard and can lead to an electrical fire in your home. This is especially true if it comes in contact with dry leaves or mulch. This is why all the electrical cords and wiring should be inspected thoroughly; in case any damage is noticed in these features, they should be replaced without delay.
- Electrical wiring and cords should be kept away from all water sources – If there is a heavy downpour or storm, that can sometimes lead to pooling of water on your property. If any electrical equipment, wiring or cords come into contact with water, that can put the entire system at risk. The electrician should check and ensure that all cords and wiring are not dangling anywhere close to water.
- Get the electrician to check pools and outdoor hot tubs – Many homes have outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs and it’s important to get the electrical wiring connected to them. Most of these features also have underwater lights and the electrician should check these installations too.
- Sensor/ security lighting and landscape lighting – It’s common to see homes with outdoor security and landscape lighting installations with sensors attached to them. All these installations are exposed to the elements and that means they need regular maintenance too. A credible company would be able to provide excellent preventive electrical maintenance services. They will come in at regular intervals and provide you the kind of services you need. When you are hiring a company check whether they provide emergency services.
We at Quick Connect Electrical provide 24 Hour Electricians in Sydney services. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service