Electricity and water don’t go together and this is something you have to be careful about in your bathroom spaces where there may be some electrical connections or wiring near the shower and sink areas. You also use electrical devices such as hair dryers and shavers in this space and it’s important that you take certain measures to prevent shock and electrocution.
Electrical safety in the bathroom is very important
Here are some basic tips from the experts at Quick Connect Electrical, – how you can maintain electrical safety in your bathrooms:
- Make sure that all the electrical sockets are situated at a safe distance from the tub and shower areas. These sockets should be covered when they aren’t being used
- It’s important to get ground fault circuit interrupters installed in all the outlets in the bathrooms. These are able to sense when there is a fault in the grounding and the power will be automatically shut down; this can save the person using the electrical connection from electrocution and shock. It’s also important to note that you should never use any electrical device in the bathroom, while you are in contact with water on the floor or counter spaces. While this is common sense and almost everyone is aware of this, we sometimes tend to get careless.
- If you notice any frayed or exposed wiring in the bathroom, don’t delay in getting it repaired or replaced without.
- If there is an electric heater installation in your bathroom, ensure that it’s been hardwired into a circuit; preferably, this should also be installed either in the ceiling or walls.
- The one way to reduce the risk of electrocution and shock in the bathroom is to have as little wiring as possible in these spaces. It’s also best to install enclosed/recessed lights here, rather than exposed fixtures or bulbs that are affixed to ceilings or walls.
- It’s also best to install fixtures with pull strings instead of ones that have to be operated via switches. This prevents wet hands from touching the circuits.
- When you are getting any electrical work done, ensure that you hire a licensed and experienced Residential Electrician in Sydney for the job.
Never compromise on the quality of the electrical work you get done and make sure that all the installations are as per the existing building code. We at Quick Connect Electrical provide 24 Hour Electricians in Sydney services and can handle all types of big and small electrical jobs with the highest levels of expertise.
While we never cut corners in our work, we always maintain very reasonable pricing and this provides you value for money. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service