We are so used to having electricity in our homes, that we don’t realise exactly how much we rely on it in our daily lives. In fact, we don’t give it a second thought till the time something goes wrong with an electrical installation and we have to deal with a no power situation. While all the electrical fixtures and fittings are well within view, there are a number of electrical components that aren’t; in most cases, the wiring and circuit breakers etc are out of site or located in places that we don’t really see very easily.
Causes of melted wiring
This is also why, when something goes wrong with these out-of-sight installations, we feel that the issues have arisen all of a sudden. In reality, very few electrical issues are so sudden. They always show at least some signs of deterioration before they stop working completely or cause a major problem. There are a number of things that can be the reason why wires melt, including:
- Arcing- Electricity essentially has an electromagnetic field and though this can’t really be felt or seen in the wiring in your home, there are times when a build-up of the electromagnetic field can weaken . This is when you may hear arcing, which are crackling, hissing or buzzing sounds; or it can cause the wiring to melt as well.
- Power overloads- Sometimes, the electrical wiring on your property may be old and you may not have got rewiring done; it can’t bear the load of various electrical appliances on your property. When this happens, the circuit breaker trips or the fuse blows. However, if this doesn’t happen and the electrical current continues flowing through the wiring, these start getting heated up and lead to melted wires.
- Short Circuits- In case any live wire in your home comes in contact with any neutral wire, it causes a short circuit. If this occurs, the fuse within that circuit will blow and the electrical supply will get disconnected. However, if this doesn’t happen, the flow of electricity will continue unhindered and the wires will get heated up and cause the wires to melt.
Contact an emergency electrician on time
The one important thing to keep in view is that you should never postpone getting electrical issues fixed on time; if you fail to fix them on time, they can get escalated and get out of hand and cause even bigger problems like electrical fires that can be extremely dangerous. Since there are times when you may have to deal with sudden electrical issues, it’s important to keep handy the number of a credible and experienced Residential Electrician in Sydney,
We at Quick Connect Electrical are a well-established and preferred company in the region and provide prompt, efficient & reasonably-priced services, when you need them. For any melted wiring issues or any other electrical services, call Quick Connect Electrical at this number- 1300 725 894. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. You have the option to book a time online & a representative will call you back for additional details of your requirement.
and Get $50 Off any service