Electrical wire melt problems and why you need to fix them on time

WE SERVE YOUR AREA!

Sorry! We don't service your area.
 

Electricity is something we use day-in and day-out and a number of activities are dependent on it. We use it to illuminate our home’s indoor and outdoor spaces; it’s used to run our kitchen appliances, the washing machines and dryers and a number of electronic and electrical devices that we use in our homes. Even though we need electricity for so many things, we tend to take it for granted and don’t pay too much attention to it until something actually goes wrong with it.

Melted electrical wires- the causes

This is also often why most electrical problems seem like they have cropped up out of the blue. But the fact is that very few electrical issues are so sudden. There are always some signs of trouble that we tend to overlook. Electrical fires or leaks can be very dangerous and in some cases can result in fatalities as well. Many fires are caused by wire insulation melts as that leaves the wire exposed. There are a number of things that can cause electrical wiring to melt:

  • Arcing- The electromagnetic field that flows through the wires sometimes gets escalated and results in a power overload. This buildup can cause the insulation of the wiring to melt. If you hear any sizzling, crackling or buzzing sounds coming from the electrical points or wiring, you should get these checked by the professional electricians at Quick Connect Electrical.
  • Power overloads– If you live in an older property, the old wiring and electrical systems may not have the capacity to bear the power loads. In this case, the wiring may start to heat up and cause the insulation to melt when you operate heavy-duty appliances such as washing machines or ovens etc.
  • Short Circuits– If live wiring comes in contact with any neutral wire that can cause a short circuit. If this happens and the fuse connected to that circuit blows, it will disconnect the electrical supply. However, if this doesn’t happen, it can cause the wires to heat up which results in melted wires. 

Get electrical faults addressed on time

If you have noticed any arcing in your home, have found that electrical points are hot to the touch or notice burning smells coming from the electrical fixtures or wires in your home, call us without delay. We will provide you with a prompt response and quick and efficient electrical services. We never compromise on the quality of our work and make sure that the best materials and workmanship are used in every project. This ensures the longevity of the electrical fixtures in your home.

Quick Connect Electrical  can provide you the type of outdoor lighting solutions you need.  To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.

Book Online

and Get $50 Off any service

Become a member Become a member Become a member

Don't take our word for it.
See what our clients have said about us

MICHAEL CHEN

Very happy with the great service and professionality! Mohammed was very patient and meticulous, going (quite literally) above (our deck's roof) and beyond to find and fix problems with some existing bad wiring. Explained all the problems in a very clear and informative way. Would highly recommend this service to friends and family!

TrueLocal
TrueLocal Reviews
5 stars
AMGL

"I would highly recommend Karl and his team for any work his professionalism and dedication to his work is remarkable.

We are currently building a 225sqm complex extension in Strathfield and he has continuously offered great advice on how to proceed with all things electrical from led lights and power points to HDI cables for the TV. He has always been on time and has gone above and beyond expectation. He and his team even worked 10hrs on a day that was 45 degrees. Once again I would highly recommend Karl"

TrueLocal
TrueLocal Reviews
5 stars