When you are planning the electrical installations in your home, it’s crucial to work closely with your Local Electrician in Sydney and discuss all your requirements in detail. They will make sure see that all the systems and fixtures are able to bear the load of the appliances and installations in your home. This ensures there won’t be an overload on the system when you are operating any of these appliances.
Electrical cord safety
Many people tend to use extension cords at different points in their homes and don’t realise that these too should be part of their electrical safety list. Our 24 Hour Electricians in Sydney have put together some electrical cord safety tips you should follow:
- Never use extension cords as a replacement for any permanent wiring
- It’s important that you don’t run these cords through any inaccessible/out-of-sight spaces such as under flooring, or behind ceiling and walls. The build-up of heat in these constricted areas can result in an electrical fire
- At any given point of time, connect only one appliance to the extension cord. These devices aren’t designed to bear a heavy electrical load
- Make sure you don’t attach these cords to any walls or flooring using things like staples & nails; these can cause damage to the wiring and lead to arcing and fire
- Take care not to run the cord across doorways, hallways or aisles as they can cause tripping accidents or can become damaged
- Never place an extension cord in any area that has excessive water or heat; if you are going to using it in an outdoor location, make sure that you use one that’s designed for those conditions
- Never uncoil the cord completely as that will only cause it to heat up
- Ensure you unplug the cord when it isn’t in use
- Do not use a cord that’s has any kind of damage, or feels hot to the touch
- If you’re using a cord with a 3rd ground prong, don’t try to fit that cord into a 2-prong electrical outlet
In addition to these points, also ensure that you don’t connect 2 or more of these cords in order to extend the reach of the electrical connection. This can be extremely dangerous as it can result in a voltage dip. This impacts the effectiveness of any safety switches/circuit breakers you may have installed on your property and will cause an overload in the system.
Contact reliable and professional electricians
In case there is an overload in the electrical installations, the appliances connected to that circuit can become damaged; apart from that, there is risk of electrocution or even a fire hazard. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services.