Electrical wires are usually hidden underneath the walls and are out of sight, which means most property owners don’t even realise they might be damaged until they experience a problem. Like all building materials, electrical wires also have a limited lifespan and can eventually become frayed or damaged over time. At Quick Connect, we encourage clients to inspect their electrical system regularly to ensure it’s in a good condition. If you find extensive damage in your system, you’ll have to rewire it.
What is electrical rewiring?
Electrical rewiring is replacing the old system of electrical wires with a new one. Electricians will replace old wires, fixtures, and every component of the system that’s unsafe or too damaged to provide smooth transfer of energy. While wires are designed to last for decades without problems, they do eventually wear down and become frayed. This can increase the risk of blackouts, surges, appliance damage, and even fire. Here are some things you need to consider with regards to electrical rewiring:
- If your property is more than 20 years old, you need to carry out a thorough inspection and consider rewiring.
- If you’re always relying on extension cords to supply power to different appliances and devices, you might need to consider rewiring and establish access points at better locations.
- Most of your outlets are ungrounded and two-pronged.
- If your property has old aluminium wiring instead of more secure and resilient copper wiring.
- You have added new appliances or rooms that are a burden on the existing system.
It’s a good idea to get your current system inspected if any of the above mentioned points apply to you. A professional electrician will know how to examine the system thorough and determine if electrical rewiring is required.
What are the signs that you need rewiring?
Your electrical system will deteriorate naturally over time and provide ample warning before it’s too dangerous to use. Here are some signs that you need to look out for:
- Tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses.
- Over fused or over amped electrical panels in your property.
- Wires and fixtures that are discoloured or have visible burn marks on them.
- Frequent dimming or flickering of lights.
- A burning smell.
- Loose outlets that look like they’re about to fall out.
- Wiring tears in exposed wires.
- Buzzing or sizzling sounds coming from the electrical system.
- Switches, boards, and sockets are hot to the touch.
If you see these signs, you need to ask a professional electrician to carry out electrical rewiring and ensure your system is undamaged and safe to use.
Why choose us?
- Our company has been a part of this industry for over 10 years.
- We are licensed and insured.
- We offer honest and straightforward pricing so you don’t need to worry about hidden costs.
- $0 call out fee.
- Our company provides customer satisfaction guarantee and money back workmanship guarantee.
For more information on our electrical rewiring services, call Quick Connect Electrical today. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney call us on 1300 725 894.