During a blackout, accident, disaster, or other similar serious situations, your primary power supply can get impacted and your commercial property can go dark. It’s very dangerous to navigate through the darkened office spaces and hallways to find a safe exit and this is why it’s crucial to have emergency lights installed on your property. While it’s vital that all commercial properties have emergency lighting, we at Quick Connect Electrical recommend that you consider getting these installed on residential properties too.
Emergency lighting- what is it?
These battery-operated light fixtures can be installed in various areas of your property. They offer consistent and bright illumination in emergencies such as power outages, or any natural disasters. They are installed at a reasonable distance from each other and help ensure that all exit routes are properly illuminated. It helps people evacuate the building quickly and safely. Some facts about emergency lighting:
• These are permanent fixtures, which are mounted at different points throughout the property.
• The lights are connected to the building’s main power grid. When this power supply is normal, the light fixtures will be dormant and they only pull in energy to charge the internal batteries. In case the power goes out, the lights will get switched on automatically.
• These fixtures will remain switched for a minimum of 90 minutes or till the time the power is restored. You also have the option to install emergency light fixtures with a much longer battery life if you like. These will provide illumination for a longer period of time.
• It’s important to buy good quality lights as ones of poor quality will only throw weak and insufficient light or won’t provide illumination for a long enough time.
• Emergency lights also power the emergency signs on your property such as entrances, exits, unsafe routes, route signs, etc. These lights will get switched on automatically whenever the power is down.
• If needed, we can install special lights that are designed for moisture ridden environments. These fixtures have some added protection to help ensure that water and moisture don’t seep in and affect the internal circuitry; they also function in floods and storms.
Where should emergency lighting be installed?
As per the BCA, emergency lights need to be installed if your floor space is more than 300m2. The building class also has to be taken into consideration before installing any lighting system. Some of the buildings that typically need emergency lighting include:
• Office buildings
• Industrial facilities such as factories and workshops
• Government offices
• Theatres, entertainment centres and cinemas
• Retail spaces such as shops, malls, stores
• Warehouses & storage facilities
We at Quick Connect Electrical can provide excellent solutions and 24/7 emergency services at very cost-effective pricing. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. Regardless of what your requirement is, we can provide you the best services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service