The Best Ways To Improve Energy Efficiency Of Your Property
We all use electrical appliances in our homes such as refrigerators, air conditioning systems, fans, lighting systems, home theatre systems, kitchen appliances, and washing machines etc. While all of these are necessary for our day to day activities they also consume a significant amount of energy and add up to higher energy bills.
However we at Quick Connect Electrical show our clients simple ways to save energy in their homes which will help them reduce their bills. There are a number of ways in which you can save electricity in your home:
- Control heating and cooling costs- By increasing the tempretature on a warm day by just one degree, you could save upto 10% on your electricity bills. During winters reducing the tempreture by a single degree can save up to 8% on your bill.
- Avoid wasage- Turning off electrical appliances like air conditioning, fans, thermosats when not in use can help you save a lot of unnecessary expenses.
- Minimise the use of lighting- Turn of the lights in parts of the house that you are not using, having unnecessary fans and lights turned off when not in use can help save a lot of money. You should consider installing sensors that turn on and off automatically which someone enters or leave the room.
- Opt for appliances with high energy ratings- When you are purchasing electrical appliances for your house, choose ones with higher energy ratings. This will help you save energy, resulting in considerable cost savings.
- Turn off lights when not in use- Electrical appliances when left switched on, consume a lot of energy. Turning lights off when not in use can save energy. Even a single computer if left on for 24 hours can cost you up to $200 a year. You can install timers in your house to make sure that lights and other necessary appliance turn on and off when you need them to.
- Service all equipments- Any electrical equipment that is not maintained consumes more energy than normal. This is why it is important to service appliances like air-condiotioning units on a regular basis.
- Involve your entire family in the effort- Energy saving is a cumulative effort. Ecourage all your family memebers to help out by turning off fans, AC’s, lights and televisions when not in use. This will help you reduce your electricity bills over the time. Use natural light whenever possible rather than artificial lighting. Isolate the rooms that are not occupied while using air-conditioning in your home.
Quick Connect Electrical can provide all types of commercial and residential electrical services. We also offer 24/7 emergency services at very cost-effective pricing. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. We can provide you the best services at cost-effective pricing. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service