An electrical fire is something we should always try to avoid. If a fire starts-up in and your electrical system, it can quickly spread through your home at very high speed and will put your life & property at risk. When you get all your electrical installations from a reliable and experienced Residential Electrician in Sydney, you can rest assured that these are safe. However old wiring or shoddy electrical work can cause the wiring and other installations to deteriorate very quickly.
Signs to look out for
This makes it very important to keep an eye open for any signs that your electrical system isn’t functioning the way it should. These are the signs you should be wary of:
- Circuit breaker trips repeatedly– If you find the circuit breaker connected to a particular circuit trips once in a while, it means there is excessive load on that particular electrical line. However, if this happens too often, it means that the problem is more severe and you would have to call in a local electrician to get the system checked and fixed without delay.
- Sparks from electrical outlets– If you detect a buzzing sound, sparks or any burning odour from the electrical outlets, it means the outlet may have to be replaced. If the wiring is too old, that would have to be checked and updated as required.
- Electrical shock– This is another indication that there is some fault in the electrical wiring. If you experience a shock when you touch some electrical appliance in your home, it is an indication that the electricity is going someplace it shouldn’t; this could be caused either by a malfunction in the wiring or due to a ground fault.
- Flickering light– In some cases the flickering may be caused because the bulbs are screwed-in loosely. If that isn’t the case, the flickering could be caused by a problem in the wiring or a fixture somewhere in the circuit may have come loose.
Prevent electrical issues
The best way to prevent these types of electrical problems from cropping up and keeping your family and property safe, is to take certain preventive steps:
- Ensure all the wiring is installed by an experienced and licensed electrician from a company like Quick Connect Electrical and that modern, high-quality materials are used.
- If you have an old-style circuit box, it should be upgraded to one that has circuit breakers which quickly trip in case there is excessive load on the system or if there is arcing anywhere in the system.
- Ensure that ground fault circuit interrupters are installed in outlets that may be exposed to water.
- Discard appliances, plugs or cords that have deteriorated or are malfunctioning.
- Don’t plug in more than one appliance/device in a single electrical outlet.
We at Quick Connect Electrical provide 24 Hour Electricians in Sydney services. To check if we serve your area, just enter your pin code in the box on the right of the page. See what our customers are saying about our company & services. For an emergency electrician in Sydney, any time of the day or night, call us at this number- 1300 725 894.
and Get $50 Off any service