Each one of us must have dealt with a power outage at one or the other time. Sometimes, it’s a storm that causes the blackout, while at others it could be a circuit overload those results in a break in the power supply. If you have too many heavy appliances on a single circuit, that can stress the circuit and lead to a power loss in one segment of your home. At times, resetting the circuit breaker doesn’t do the trick and the power still stays off.
This is when you know that the situation is a complex one and you think of calling in an emergency electrician in Sydney to attend to the issue. While you wait for the electrician to come in and fix the problem, here are some things you can try to do:
- Tripped circuit breakers are quite a common problem; and an overload in the circuit causes it.
- Sometimes, a wire might get shorted due to a faulty appliance
- A frayed wire may cause the same issue. If this is the case, you will have to unplug the appliances connected within that circuit. You should unplug them one by one to figure out which one is at fault. Identify which circuit breaker is connected to that line and then reset it.
- If this doesn’t solve the problem and the power doesn’t come back in that room, check the GFCI receptacle and the socket plates. The former may be attached to that same circuit; however, there are times when it may be in another room too. Once you have located it, just hit the reset button.
- Ideally, this should solve the problem and the power should be back on in that room. In case it doesn’t get switched on, the issue maybe more complex and you would have to call in a residential electrician to fix the problem for you, without delay.
Some More Issues
In addition to all these cases, there are times when the no power situation is caused by a defective circuit breaker, termite damage or faulty wiring. No matter what the cause of the problem is, it’s important that you attend to them without delay. When you postpone getting any electrical issue fixed, the problem can get escalated and you will end up spending a significant amount of money on fixing it later.
Contact a good Emergency Electrician in Sydney, like Quick Connect Electrical. We provide excellent and prompt electrical solutions to residential and commercial customers across the region. To check whether we serve your area, all you have to do is enter your pin code in the field on the right of this page. You can book a time online and we will call you back for details of your requirement.
We are very reliable and have a large number of repeat customers. Check out what our customers are saying about our services. We provide 24/7 services and handle all types of electrical jobs.